In the present world, Business plays an important role with the help of cloud computing solutions, Basically the Microsoft Office 365. But many organisations don’t know “how to configure gmail in Ms Outlook”. Not many companies but the people of the whole world have knowledge about Google applications like Gmail.
What Is Gmail Application:
It is one of the most popular web based email services, which was offered by Google, with data storage for messaging and data storage. Gmail can easily be accessed by any user. No cost by creating an account with Gmail.
It is one of the better email service providers. Gmail has the capability to detect spam emails. Our Spam emails automatically go to trash without opening them.It can be configured in email clients like Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
Steps to Configure Gmail In MS Outlook :
Many People who use multiple Email accounts, Configuring Gmail in Outlook can be very beneficial. There are some methods for “ How To Configure Gmail In MS Outlook”.
- Firstly, organizing messages and emails in Gmail is a bit tricky.
- It is hard to manage multiple email accounts with Gmail, while Outlook can easily manage multiple email accounts without any disturbance or any problem.
- Gmail is online, Can’t work in offline mode in Gmail.
It is easy to configure Gmail in Outlook. If we follow the given steps correctly. But before
This setup we make sure IMAP/POP is enabled in our Gmail account. We want to enable IMAP/POP in Gmail, We follow the below guidelines:-
- Make sure to login to the Gmail account and perform the gear icon by clicking on the top right corner.
- Now click on settings, and then select forwarding POP/IMAP to open the POP/IMAP setting.
- IMAP is getting enabled and then clicking on save changes.
When our IMAP setting is enabled we can configure our Gmail in Outlook.
- Go to the File Tab in Outlook and click the add account button in the info section , which is just above the Account setting.
- After the above step we click on Manual Setup in the opened wizard, and Click on Next.
- After performing the second step, select POP or IMAP option to Configure Gmail account and click Next.
- Now, this step is the most critical section. Here we add details for IMAP account for configuration:-
- Firstly our information and Host server Information.
- Check Account Type- POP or IMAP(we choose IMAP).
- After Account Type setting, we check Incoming Mail Server — imap.gmail.com .
- After Incoming Mail Server, we perform Outgoing Mail Server- smtp.gmail.com .
- Now we get Gmail id and its password.
After performing the above details , click on “More Setting” and select the “outgoing -server’’ tab, and then check the checkbox “My outgoing server requires authentication” and then select the same setting as “ my incoming mail server”.
- Now, we proceed further and click the advanced tab and then fill the following details:-
1. IMAP for incoming server -993 or 143
2. Encrypted connection for incoming server-SSL/TLS
3.SMTP for outgoing server — 465 or 587
4. Encrypted connection for outgoing server- SSL/TLS
Then perform Ok to save and then click Next from the previous windows.
In this blog we discussed “How to Configure Gmail In MS Outlook”. Here we Provide Gmail Backup tool to backup our gmail messages. This tool offer us to skip previously backup/migrated emails, it exports all the data like Calendars, contact, drafts, inbox, etc. of the Gmail emails. This is the best backup tool for windows 10,8,7 and all the below window versions.